Legal Secretary (Private Client – Wills, Probate, Power of Attorney, etc)
Our client, a leading corporate law firm, currently requires an experienced Legal Secretary to join their busy Private Client department. Offering a varied, responsible role within a friendly, fast-paced environment, this is a great opportunity to be part of a well-regarded firm that truly recognises and rewards its staff. Suitable applications will need a minimum of 12 months’ to 2 years Legal Secretarial experience, 50-60wpm audio/copy typing and a polite, professional telephone manner. An understanding of case management systems, experience of digital dictation and advanced IT skills are essential.
Working alongside a Lawyer, day-to-day duties of the role will include:
- Diary management for solicitor and arranging meetings
- Taking and dealing with telephone and email enquiries effectively
- Liaising with clients on behalf of solicitor
- Creating new client files using Case Management System
- Preparing letters, agreements and memoranda
- Filing, scanning, archiving and photocopying
- Document formatting and amendment
- Drafting assignments and contracts
- Invoicing and completing expenses
- Copy and audio typing legal documentation
- Preparing court bundles where necessary
- Contributing to secretarial resources for all fee earners as required
- Providing cover for reception as required
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished Legal Secretary with a minimum of 12 months experience. You should possess exceptional organisational skills, a high level of IT competency, and the ability to produce complex, accurate documents to deadline. You should also have a can-do, extra-mile approach to working contributing to the team and a flexible, assertive attitude. Suitable candidates will also need to demonstrate:
- Ideal experience of private client work – wills, probate, etc
- Polite, professional telephone manner
- 50-60wpm copy and audio typing speeds
- Understanding of case management systems
- Advanced IT Skills (MS Office)
- Confident, friendly and approachable manner
- Attention to detail
The offices are located in Stockport and easily accessible on public transport. The starting salary is £21,000 – £22,000 depending on experience, plus additional benefits.
Please submit your CV by clicking on the relevant links. If successful you will be contacted within 3 working days to discuss your application. Unfortunately, if you do not hear from us within this time you should presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Grassroots Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agency and a recruitment business in respect of this Legal Secretary vacancy. Grassroots Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and recruiter. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion or disability.