Desktop Support Engineer; 12mth fixed Term, HUll, East Yorkshire
Desktop Support Engineer – Windows & Office, 12 month fixed term – Hull, East Yorkshire £25,000 pa
This role starts on July 15th 2019 and will run for 12 months.
To provide technical support; answering support queries either onsite or via phone or email.
· To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to IS Policies and Procedures.
· To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
· To log all calls on the call logging system and maintain full documentation.
· Respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
· Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
· Support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
· To escalate more complex service issues to the relevant IT personnel.
· Troubleshooting & Problem Solving of Workstation related problems
· Maintaining Asset Register of all IT equipment in IS Workshop and Department
· Managing and maintaining Workstations 7/8/10
· Implementing workstations 7/8/10
· Implementing & Support of MS Office 2000-2013 products incl. but not limited to MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint
· Installation and Support of Network & Local Printers
· Basic MS Active Sync & Blackberry knowledge
· Setups of iPad, iPhone and Android devices
· Ability to do remote support (Tools will be provided)
Technical and other Requirements:
– Excellent skills in user IT infrastructure – Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Handhelds, Smartphone etc.
– Proven technical skills in Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and business productivity applications i.e. Office
– Outstanding Client Service Skills
– Administration experience of MS Active Directory users & groups, policies and management concepts
– 2 Years of experience in Desktop Support
– Effective communication in English